It’s Friday (but you already know that). Friday should be fun! Okay this intro thing is useless.
1. I’m in the home stretch of school! I graduate in 2 months, which absolutely blows my mind. On the other hand, I couldn’t be more ready to be done with school. At least for now.
2. My love for giant salads is coming back. I almost always goes through a phase in winter where all I want is warm, hearty food. And roasted everything. Warmer temps (hopefully) means cravings for all things light, fresh, and crunchy!
Greens, salsa, carrots, lentils, avocado, jalapeños, and The Good Bean crunchy chickpea snacks.
Lemon-dill lentil salad which I plan to re-make at some point, and hopefully share a recipe.
THIS salad – go make it now. Butter lettuce (thank you Trader Joe’s), peppers, cucumber, dill, edamame, slivered almonds, hemp seeds. And any dressing you want. It’s a protein monster.
Oh, and for people who say that nobody can eat salads every day and be happy, you need to learn how to make a real, meal salad. Because they’re fantastic and I could eat a different one every day and never get sick of them.
3. Make this bread. It really is life-changing.
I was incredibly skeptical, thinking this was one of those “too good to be true” recipes, so I tried it. And I’m in love. Side-note: anyone know if this would be kosher for passover? I don’t think it has any actual chametz ingredients…
Acai!!!! Not from expo, but you have no idea how excited I am for acai smoothies at home.
The goods. Oh, and all the chocolate is nearly gone by now. Definitely the Gnosis. I’ve decided, next year I’m totally going to Expo West. Any companies want me to represent them?
5. I’m starting to lose count of the number of times I’ve eaten sweet potatoes and eggs for dinner in the past week. It’s a little ridiculous. I should probably start meal planning or something.
omelet with peppers, tomatoes, dairy-free cheeze, sweet potato rounds (which were dipped in honey mustard. do it.)
whole baked sweet potato with eggs, peppers, salsa, hot sauce, and possibly other things. Not pretty. But delicious.
6. I decided to look cute a day or two this week. This is becoming increasingly difficult because I haven’t gotten any significant number of new clothes in the past 2ish years, and I get bored with my clothes very easily. Which leads me to wearing leggings and whatever I feel comfortable in. But, I do have a few “outfit favorites”, and I need to break them out more.
Shirt – H&M, skirt – Jonathan Saunders for Target (love!), Boots – Crown Vintage from DSW. You probably can’t tell, but I’m wearing nude fishnets there too.
7. This is sort of part of number 6, but in my book it deserves its own heading. I got something from the Prabal Gurung for Target line!!! (Thank you mom, who brought it to me from Chicago).
I love multi-colored things. And apparently, designer collections for Target. Leggings – Hue.
8. It’s my spring break, and for the first time in 4 years, I’m NOT traveling. I’m a bit sad I won’t get to go home to see family or anything, but at the same time I don’t feel like I need to go home like I have in the past. It may not seem like a big deal, but it feels like a breakthrough point for me in starting my own life. Now I just need a job.
Designer clothes for Target – are you a fan?
What’s one meal you eat way too often? Do you meal plan?
For my fellow students – Anyone got any exciting spring break plans? Mine include some studying, job-applying, and lots of sleeping!