As you probably know by now, for the last 8 weeks I have been following a fitness plan – specifically, Tina’s Best Body Bootcamp plan. The last formal workout on the plan was today (Friday), so I thought I’d share my final thoughts on the experience:
- I didn’t finish strong. With school starting and things getting crazy in the last 2-3 weeks of the program, I found myself slipping quite a bit. I skipped nearly all of the cardio (still managed 90% of the strength workouts), and my eating was all over the place (with a few binges in there, boo…)
- I feel like I was really on my way to being a faster runner, until I pretty much stopped doing the interval workouts – but I was mentally exhausted and my body needed a break
- I did lose a bit of fat (not gonna say weight because I don’t weigh myself, and am only judging based on looks! I think this is mostly due to tracking my food with MyFitnessPal. Which I’m still doing. However, this was a few weeks ago, and since then I think I’ve eaten my way back to where I started, which makes me sad.
- so much more overall tone! One thing this plan made me realize is that I really wasn’t training all my muscles equally. I definitely used to neglect legs and back especially. This will definitely change now!
- I now have a great collection of really awesome workouts to add to my arsenal – which will come in handy this year.
- many of the workouts weren’t that difficult – it was hard to push myself sometimes with no heavy weights available, and no motivating gym environment.
- that said, I loved the support of the online community!
- I missed high intensity strength workouts and heavy lifting – although I’ve come to realize that I can live without the heavy lifting and still keep my strength.
- I still have that funky imbalance thing I was talking about a while ago (can’t find the post) where the right side of my abs/shoulders/back is much tighter and more muscular than the left. It got a little better after some boot camp training, but still there. A visit to the chiropractor might be on my agenda soon.
- I miss fitness classes. And yoga classes.
- Actually, I did as many yoga classes as I could afford to (yes, I’m talking money here), because I absolutely love how it makes me feel and what it does for my body.
- I was never bored with the BBB workouts, they were always different and interesting.
Overall, the program was so worth it, and only costs $25 for an 8 week program! it’s a steal, I tell you! I wish I had the mental energy to be more committed to it, but at this point in my life, school and life takes precedence over a workout or two. I’m hoping to take part in a future round of this bootcamp, or maybe I’ll re-do the plan on my own some day.
So thank you Tina for putting this together! I really enjoyed it, I only wish I could have been more committed through the end. Hopefully next time, I’ll be at a more stable point in my personal/social/academic life that I can afford the commitment without any extra stress.
Have you ever followed a fitness plan?
If so, did you notice good progress?
[[For those interested – my other BBB posts:
- Off the Plan – when life got a little nuts and things started to slip
- Thoughts on phases 1&2 (vlog)
- Fit Talk – Some initial thoughts after the first couple weeks
- WIAW – My Best Body – starting strong! (and food tracking)