Hello! I cannot think of anything clever or random to ramble about in my intro, since I pretty much give it all to you in the post. But, I will say that I think this 5×5 friday feature will become a permanent fixture on this blog from time to time. It’s a great mind dump post! Who knows, maybe I’ll even make a cute graphic for it or something.
1. Five things I’m doing this weekend:
- going to the beach!
- relaxing, fully enjoying my time before school starts
- reading – for pleasure, and I have a little catch-up reading to do for a class
- biking! It’s been a nearly a year since I’ve been on a bike for exercise/fun. I’m psyched.
- eating good food, indulging. Hey, it’s labor day weekend, vacation time!
2. Five things things i’m looking forward to in the coming weeks:
- school. I need structure, I’m going a little nuts over here.
- being busy! As much as I love my free/alone time, I know I’m happier with things to do.
- having all my friends around again – most of whom I haven’t seen since December.
- work – income. that is all.
- Fall! I have to say I’m not really ready for summer to be over, but I do love the fall season.
3. Five HLBs I’m loving:
- Chelsea – her food always looks amazing, and so healthy! Plus I met her at HLS – she’s super cute and sweet 😉
- Heather – holy food porn! And just plain hilarious.
- Alex – I said this to her when I met her, but amazing food photos. And green! (I love me some greens)
- Lindsay – amazing writer, and always so inspiring. Never stop, please.
- Lori & Michelle – such amazing, creative, clean recipes! And an adorable little puppy
4. Five personal things to work on:
- respond to emails and comments faster!
- learn how to stand up for my self, and push for what I want
- talk to people. even strangers. be more social.
- get enough sleep (school i starting…)
- plan things! everything from school to blog work to social events.
5. Five favorite recent eats!
Nature’s path gluten-free buckwheat wild berry waffles with nut butter! and fresh figs. Love.
Amazing salads. Greens, cucumber, tomato, peppers, figs with tarragon, walnut oil and vinegar. (protein on the side to complete the meal)
Whole foods hot bar! That grilled tempeh (tempeh asada, they called it) was amazing! And huge! But I ate it all after my run that morning.
Broiled chicken with goddess dressing and caprese minus the cheese. My mom used to make this chicken all the time when I was a kid, and we spotted Goddess dressing at TJ’s, so we bought it and made this awesome throwback meal. Mmm.
Lunch at Falafill! I had a non-traditional butternut squash & white bean falafel that was amazing, and I’m definitely going to recreate a healthier version (I asked the guys there to tell me all the ingredients in it). Also, that cabbage-mint salad was quite delicious, I’m definitely going to try recreating that one as well. I love Mediterranean food.
What would be on your 5×5 friday list of favorites?
Any fun labor day plans?!
I’m planning to spend as much of the weekend outside as possible!