Oh hey there, Monday – you came rather quickly this week. Ah well, I do have a few things to say on this average Monday. Some do Friday Finds, Thursday Things, Tuesday things, etc. – I think I’m going with Monday Musings.
2. I posted this recipe teaser on instagram last week, with very high hopes of a recipe winner.
It was a banana-sweetened zucchini bread – and tasted delicious! But for some reason it always made me feel funny after eating, and gave me some digestive issues the next day. My guess is that it had something to do with yogurt in the batter. Also the combination of gluten and dairy doesn’t seem to sit well with me (I have no issues with gluten otherwise, as far as I know) – it’s worse than dairy alone.
I’m guessing you don’t want the recipe now? [joking, I’m not posting something that I wouldn’t eat!]
3. In a moment of curiosity, I thought it would be fun to look back at what I posted one year ago on this (approximate) day. Not bad! As unproductive as I was last summer, I did a whole lot more with my life. This summer I’ve been much more productive on the professional side of things, my other happenings in my life have been rather boring. It’s a trade-off, and I certainly don’t regret it – but if this is what real life is like, I’m not excited.
4. HLS is in less than two weeks! Ha, I think that will be the most exciting thing I do all summer. I’m nervous. But so excited to meet all the other amazing bloggers. This is not the last time you’ll hear about this. I absolutely cannot wait.
5. I’m moving again, sometime within the next week or two – and I still don’t know when and where. Oh joy!
6. For those of you in the NY area (and probably the rest of the country as well), you know how horribly hot and muggy it has been the past few days. So bad that I feel like I’m swimming in the air! When I walk in to my air-conditioned building, all I want is something cold and refreshing to drink. Water gets boring (there, I said it!). Beer? Sounds fabulous, but would not help the dehydration.
My solution? A healthy mocktail!
Simple “recipe”: 1/2 cup coconut water, 1/2 cup kombucha (I like GT’s gingerade or Trilogy), 1 tsp apple cider vinegar (optional). Sorry, it’s not pretty. I seem to have a knack for that.
This is also an excellent way to make your expensive bottles of kombucha last a bit longer. [Side note – it had been since January that I had kombucha, and I was going strong – but then I caved and bought one, and now I can’t stop. Seriously, it’s addicting.]
7. I’ve decided I really want to grow my blog some more, and start doing more informative posts and hopefully building relationships with some brands. I feel like I’m at a certain point where I have acquired a good enough amount of knowledge, and now I want to pass that off to the blog world. So get ready. (that is, assuming I actually go through with this. we’ll see)
Are you a fan of mocktails?
What are you musing about this Monday?