I have to admit, I definitely slept better last night after blogging (despite the horrible-ness of the post). So I’m back at it again. And of course, couldn’t miss What I Ate Wednesday.
Shortest intro ever? Quite possibly.
Return of the smoothie! I mentioned yesterday that my little bullet is finally back in working order. Berries, greens, protein, liquid to blend.
I realized about 30-40 minutes after the smoothie that it did not have much bulk to it, and I needed something a little more to hold me over. So I grabbed a slice of Ezekiel toast with almond butter and cinnamon.
home-brewed ice coffee with Almond Breeze almond/coconut milk – love this stuff! and a side of the subway – oh yes I did.
lunch pt. 1/mid morning snack. hummus and veggies. staple.
amazing salad for lunch! lightly steamed greens (kale & chard) with coconut oil, peppers, raisins, hemp seeds, canned salmon, with smoked paprika and ACV. good. clean. food.
enter snack here: luna protein bar.
didn’t see this one coming, eh? Fries at Shake Shack – I ate about half (they weren’t that good) with mustard. My internship took everyone at the company to shake shack after work. Honestly, I didn’t even really want the fries, but would felt awkward if I was the only one not eating anything. I just really don’t care for greasy food.
Went home, snacked on some blueberries while cooking.
apparently I had burgers on the brain anyway? Or just a portobello in the fridge about to go bad. So I made my own – grilled portobello with balsamic, s&p on socca flatbread with spinach, mustard avocado. Plus cucumber “chips” and salsa. Holy plate of yum! I must re-make this, make it pretty and write a recipe.
dessert X2. plus 2-3 frozen banana slices.
Now – let’s talk fitness. I don’t have anything big to say, so here are some random fitness thoughts as of late:
- I haven’t lifted heavy in almost a month. I miss it.
- I’ve now motivated myself to get up early to work out 3 days in a row!
- running is awesome, and I’m feeling better and stronger every day.
- I even got in a 9:00 mile on my 6mile run last week!
- Do this workout. I did level three yesterday (Tuesday) and it hurt so gooood. (Tina’s workouts are always amazing, and I cannot wait for her bootcamp!)
- I am dying to try CrossFit. Would have been done by now if I could afford it!
- I need some new bodyweight/dumbbell only workouts
- I miss group fitness classes like none other – mostly pilates, zumba, body pump, body attack, etc.
Do you ever crave greasy food?
Any thoughts on my fitness thoughts?
New bodyweight/dumbbell circuits?! Links please!