I’ve had a difficult time falling back into any kind of routine lately, but this is not necessarily a bad thing. Routine is usually comforting to me, so the lack thereof makes me slightly uneasy. Getting used to change, not being so easily disoriented is also something I’m working on.
This morning I did an awesome ‘back-on-track’ workout which consisted of:
- 10k program on running stride elliptical (about 36ish mins)- much easier than truly running, but the left hip is still bothering me so I went with no impact
- 20ish more minutes on the bike, rode until the today’s Tour de France stage ended (more on that another day)
- 20 minutes long stretch
- 15 minute shoulder & arm weight circuit
I was so energized after this, it’s been 4+ days since I’ve done any real cardio. Afterwards I went for a recovery green monster.
- 1/2 cup frozen spinach
- 1/2 cup frozen fruit mix (that was mostly ice – got thrown out because it was too old)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 scoop sun warrior
- toppings: GoRaw simple granola, chia seeds (for some crunch factor)
The flavor was awesome, but something was off with the consistency. I blame the over-iced frozen fruit.
Then, dessert after breakfast!
heaping spoonful of almond butter! I mixed some flax meal into the jar for the superfood health boost.
Since I wasn’t working today, I made sure to stop at whole foods to buy bananas (we ran out!) and my favorite hair conditioner. I’m usually up for trying something new if I can’t find the current hair conditioner I’d been using – but I love this one too much!
Desert Essence Organic’s coconut conditioner. It’s super moisturizing for crazy dry hair like mine, and smells amazing as well!
While I was there, I thought I would try some of these:
So. Good! Peanut-y, chewy, and spicy (vegan and g-free).
I got home, and put together a light, late dinner for myself.
Extra leftover Al Dente flax pasta, tomatoes and a bit of tomato basil sauce, raw 3-grain tempeh cubes, grape tomatoes, italian herbs and nooch. This was surprisingly filling and delicious.
Green city market tomorrow morning! Also, I’m considering hopping on the WIAW bandwagon. thoughts?
Have you joined the WIAW party?